jeudi 5 mars 2009
Sign up to receive 5 3''x3'' canvases and a list of 5 user generated words that you are to interpret onto each canvas. The goal of the exhibition is to create a visual encyclopedia using mini canvases and artists from all over the world. At least one of your canvases will be published in an Art House book and one will be on display at the worlds busiest Airport, The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Take part in this project to not only help gain exposure for yourself, but also to push your creative ideas out. Everyone who signs up and sends back their work will be included in the book and the exhibition. We do not jury any of the work.
Important datesSign up by April 15th, 2009.
Postmark submissions back to us by: July 1st.
1. Add the project to your cart and check out to sign up for it.
2. Receive five 3inch by 3inch mini canvases and a list of 5 randomly chosen words submitted by other participants in the mail.
3. Visually represent each word on a canvas and then mail back your completed canvases. If you want your artwork returned after the exhibition, please include a self addressed stamp envelope.
4. At the end, we will make a book called "The Art House Encyclopedia VOL. 1". Every person who sends back their artwork will be guaranteed at least one image in the book.
5. The exhibitions will be held at the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport - the America's busiest airport - from July 31st to September 4th 2009.
Where will the exhibition be held?
The Exhibition will be held at the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport's Atrium Gallery from July 31st to September 4th 2009.
Will I be able to get into the airport to see my work?
Yes, the exhibition is going to be held in the atrium of the gallery which is before security.
Will EVERY canvas I submit be in the show?
Unfortunately space restrictions won't allow every single canvas returned to be in the show. However, at least one canvas from each person will be in both the book and the exhibition.
I have never painted in my life. Should i still participate?
Of course! Art house believes that everyone can be an artist and we encourage everyone to participate!
What do you mean by "Submit words to the project"?
The project is all about collaboration. We're going to pair you up with 5 assorted words submitted by the community, and then you will visually represent those words. You will receive your fives words in the same package that you receive your canvas in.
Will everyone be in the book?
Yes! Every artist that sends back at least one completed canvas will have at least one credited image in the book.
Your agreement is confusing. Do I retain the rights to my work?
In short, yes. However, the agreement is in place to cover us for the printing of the book. We will not change anything other then a little cropping and color correction. We will also will not use your work for anything but this book and other promo materials. You created the artwork, so it should obviously stay your work.
What if I don't want to pre-order the book and I decide I want it later?
You will be able to purchase the book later but you will not be able to get the pre order price. In order to get it at the discounted price, you must order it at the time of signing up.
By submitting artwork to Art House, LLC, you grant Art House, LLC a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, and otherwise exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to that information at its sole discretion, including storing it on http://www.arthousecoop.com servers and incorporating it in other works in any media now known or later developed without limitation.
If you do not wish to grant Art House, LLC these rights, it is suggested that you do not mail or submit information or artwork to Art House, LLC. Art House, LLC reserves the right to select, edit and arrange submissions, and to remove information from this Web site at any time at its sole discretion.
No content from this site may be used for any purpose without expressed written authorization of Art House, LLC
Opening party, February 26.
Full schedule, dates, locations, details. http://artmatters.concordia.ca/2009shows.html
- Opening Party @ Bain Mathieu.
Bands, DJs, Art.
8 p.m. and on.
- Poetics. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128754375514&ref=ts
- Environnant, adj. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=52477046841&ref=ts
- Narratives. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=73737478744&ref=ts
February 28 (Nuit Blanche in Belgo)
- The Future / The End. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=52800729886&ref=mf & http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=86705134912&ref=mf
- Factory Project @ Studio 303.
- Night Vision Nocturne. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=75611360624&ref=ts
- Recycled Matters. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=51835111708&ref=ts
- Just Push Play (Stay Calm).
- The Uncanny. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=62079618981&ref=ts
- Make Yourself at Home. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=51177454322&ref=ts
- Surface Tension. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=61307101078&ref=ts
- Taceo. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=71024625294&ref=ts
- Bang. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=53437203951&ref=ts
- Genetiquette 101. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=56993706715&ref=ts
- Art Doesn't Matter. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=55361768500&ref=ts
- Creative Conversations. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=56553757061&ref=mf
- trendSheddng. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=66803188081&ref=ts
- Canadian Shield.
- Les Irrégularités. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=69387550824&ref=ts
- PUBLIC / PRIVATE FILM FESTIVAL.
- Are We There Yet?
- Obsession Subtile / Subtle Obsession. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=51321987962&ref=ts
- IN/DECENT Exposure. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=52724398230&ref=ts
- Space & Being. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=78361182288&ref=ts
- XYZ+n. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=67168084816
- You're Too Close: Body Politics, Spatial Relations. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=64402144264&ref=ts
- Closing Party @ Galerie Artefacto.